Masoala Adventure (9 days )
Spend a thrilling 9 days exploring the wilderness and splendour of tropical rainforest and pristine waters of the Masoala Peninsula in the north-east of Madagascar on this private lodge tour.
Private lodge tour,spend 9 adventurous days discovering the wilderness and splendour of tropical rainforest and pristine waters of the Masoala Peninsula in the north-east of Madagascar on this unique tour. Starting and ending in Antananarivo
Antananarivo – Antananarivo is a city for walking. Some of the most interesting places and views will be chanced upon during leisurely walks – that may climb haphazardly over the hills. Tana is truly a lovely Madagascar vacation destination and spending a few days there will be a great experience!
Masoala Peninsula and National Park – The north-east of Madagascar is home to Masoala National Park, the largest protected area on the “island that time forgot”. Madagascar is famous around the world for its bizarre assortment of plants and animals that evolved due to the island’s geographic seclusion. Masoala, and offshore island Nosy Mangabe, is a primeval sort of place and combines several habitats: rainforest, flooded forest marsh, mangroves and coral reefs which is home to a dazzling display of sea life.
Antongil Bay – Nosy Mangabe Special Reserve is an island that lies in Antongil Bay about 2km off the coast. As one of the best places to see the wild, nocturnal aye-aye – Madagascar’s strangest and most rare lemur. The otherworldly and well camouflaged Uroplatus lizard, and the world’s tiniest chameleon Brookesia, are also found in the humid forest.
- Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers in applicable vehicle
- Motorboat transfer to and from Masoala National Park
- Specialist local guides in national parks as per programme
- Activities and excursions as mentioned
- Park and reserve entrance fees
- Flights: International & domestic (to and from Maroantsetra)
- Pre and post tour accommodation
- Optional activities
- All drinks & meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as gratuities, visas, travel insurance, curios, laundry etc.
Group size: Minimum 1, Maximum 10
Vehicle: Transport will depend on the size of the group;
- A small car for 2 – 3 people
- A minivan for 4 – 8 people
- A bus for 10 or more people
Package Type: Adventures in the East
Departure Dates: Every Day of the week – subject to availability